Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sunny & 70!

That was yesterday. 73 actually. Gorgeous! To take full advantage of the weather, I took Corrina to the dog park after work. It was packed! There must have been 20-25 dogs there! Needless to day, she had a wonderful time and came home absolutely filthy! Kris will be bathing her tonight!

As a consequence of this beautiful weather, my poor plants are prematurely budding:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This premature warming is wreaking havoc on the poor things. Alas, they will be dead by morning, as we are supposed to get snow overnight. I have to say, I can't remember when we've had such a mild winter & I've lived here my whole life!

In music news, I've been listening to The Essex Green lately. Honey loaded them on my ipod, cause he thought I'd like them. He was right. The female vocalist reminds me of early 10,000 Maniacs era Natalie Merchant, especially on the first track "This Isn't Farm Life". I'm really digging them. Check out Don't Know Why (You Stay) from their latest album Cannibal Sea. Catchy, ain't it!

Thanks for the suggestions on the use of my beautiful Manos yarn. I think I may go with the "My So Called Scarf" pattern that Ingrid suggested. Very purty!

Ok, now I must have myself a little rant. Has anyone else been following the firing scandal in the justice department? I swear I don't know how much more of this people are going to stand before they impeach this administration! For pete's sake, they impeached Clinton for lying about having sex! These idiots have lead us into a war under false pretenses, are sanctioning torture, and have suspended habeas corpus! The rampant cronyism & incompetence are disgusting! (puts soap box away... for now)

No comments: