Saturday, March 17, 2007

Knit, Knit, Knitty

Last night we hit Borders because honey was in need of a new book. Whilst there I wandered over to the magazine section. I picked up the spring Interweave Knits and the March issue of the British knitting magazine Simply Knitting.

I'm not sure I like the new layout of Interweave Knits, seems a lot like Vogues layout to me, but there are several really cute patterns in this one. I particularly like Merry Maiden's Dress by Gryphon Perkins

and the Ribs & Lace Tank by Jodi Green.

I picked up the Simply Knitting mag specifically for the Farmyard Frolics by Alan Dart.

This issue has patterns for the horse, cow & sheep. Looking at the pictures it seems that I will have to get the next issue for the pig, duck, & chick patterns.. well worth it though, too too cute!

Btw- you may have noticed the little mp3 player widget in the upper right corner of the page. There are several songs you can play by some of my favorite artist. The list is still growing (it takes awhile to upload the files) and I haven't yet figured out how to get it to "shuffle" the songs. Please, give me some feedback! Let me know if you like it, like the songs, have suggestions... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim - I like the mp3 widget. Sorry I can't help you figure out the shuffle. I haven't even managed to put photos on my blog yet. Probably because I didn't have a digital camera or a scanner. (And because of copyright, didn't want to risk uploading anyone else's photos, although I was tempted.) Got both the camera & scanner today, so will be playing around as soon as I figure them out. Love the Merry Maiden's Dress, too.