Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Stripes & Strife

I want to thank those who commented on my striping dilemma. I really appreciate your input. Unfortunately, I had reached the tipping point on the blanket before I had received any responses and decided to forge ahead with the stripe, reasoning that I could always rip it out if I don't like it. Below is my progress so far, with the borders laid on top to give a hint of what the final product will look like. The measurements are such that there would be 3 such stripes in the end (4 sections of purple).

Please let me know what you think, however I am leaving the final decision to Joanne (after all, it is for her little bun).

As for the strife... I came home to find a $5,000 bill from the hospital for my surgery. Blue Cross, in their infinite wisdom, decided to only cover $200 stating that I had not received a referral from my Primary Care Physician prior to my operation. I BLOODY WELL DID! Now I get to spend the next few months (at least) fighting with them to pay for the damn operation. What is it with the health care system in this country? Even when you jump through all the hoops, they still try to screw you! GRRRRRR

5 comments:

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

I HATE Blue Crap/Blue S@#t as I call them! Good lucj fighting the red tape.

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely set of colors, no matter what you do with it, Kim. The bun will be all cozy and bond with it, I'm sure.

Sorry about your insurance problems. Grr! How much money could they save if they just took care of things the way they should in the first place?

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The way you did the stripe looks perfect! I think it will turn out really lovely.

Good luck with your fight...insurance can be such a nightmare.

Unknown said...

I love the colors you picked and the way you have the stripes going looks wonderful.

As for your health insurance woes. Unfortuantely this is the norm. What a mess health care is in the country. It's a soapbox of mine and always spins me into a nasty fit. :-) I'm sorry you are going through it.

Commercial Designers West Palm Beach said...

Great post thankyou