Wednesday, March 16, 2005

100 Things About Me

Ok. I have been seeing this on other blogs & think its quite a good idea. So here is mine.

1. I am utterly in love with my husband.
2. We will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary in July.
3. We have no children.
4. I have been struggling with infertility for 7 yrs.
5. Last year I was diagnosed with PCOS.
6. 6mo ago I was diagnosed with Metabolic syndrome.
7. I need to lose about 80lbs.
8. I wore a size 5 when I graduated from High School.
9. I wear a size 20 now.
10. I have a very difficult time making friends.
11. I only really have 4 friends: Brian, Joanne, Kris (my husband) & Dawn (my sister)
12. I have an anxiety disorder.
13. I am terrified that I will turn into my mother.
14. My mother has severe rheumotoid arthritis & has been in & out of the hospital since I was 12yrs old.
15. When I was younger I wanted to be an actress.
16. I majored in Theater for a short time.
17. I have dropped out of college 3 times.
18. I currently am 20 credits shy of a degree & have no desire to finish.
19. My last major was Psychology.
20. I think most of it is crap.
21. I want to own a yarn store.
22. I want to make a living selling my own yarns & knits.
23. I don't think this will ever happen.
24. I don't believe in my skills.
25. I have wanted to join a local spinning guild for 4 years but am too afraid to go to the meetings.
26. I am afraid everyday.
27. I love my niece Autumn as if she were my own child.
28. I miss my friends terribly since they have moved to Seattle.
29. I love horror movies.
30. I love to laugh.
31. My favorite musician is Tom Waits.
32. I love fantasy books & movies.
33. I once made my own renaissance garb.
34. It is the only article of clothing I have sewn for myself that didn't fall apart.
35. I am addicted to Tea.
36. It is all I drink.
37. When I was 8 I was diagnosed with nerve damage to my ears & can't hear high frequencies.
38. I have a slight lisp that is very pronounced when I meet new people or am nervous.
39. I had to wear corrective shoes as a toddler because my feet were turned inwards.
40. I love my mother & miss the relationship I had with her when I was young.
41. I can't stand to be around her now.
42. Its because of her illness.
43. I hate myself for that.
44. I am having a hard time thinking of a hundred things! LOL
45. I am a natural blonde & I am intelligent!
46. I am a liberal.
47. I am a democrat.
48. I HATE Bush.
49. I am against the war in Iraq.
50. I support our troops.
51. I was raised Catholic.
52. I don't believe in religion.
53. I do believe in a higher being.
54. I consider myself Agnostic.
55. I am terrified by the direction this country is moving.
56. I believe we should have socialized medicine.
57. I believe most americans think too highly of themselves.
58. I believe most americans are ignorant & easily fooled.
59. I sometimes wish I was born in Canada.
60. I am pro-choice.
61. I am pro-adoption.
62. I believe our country spends far too much on war and not enough on education.
63. I believe the Daily Show is the only non-biased news source on TV.
64. This scares me.
65. I procrastinate far too much.
66. I hate housework.
67. of the 7 deadly sins, I am Sloth.
68. Ethically I wish I could be a vegetarian.
69. I love the taste of red meat.
70. My husband hates vegetables.
71. I am afraid I will die of a heart attack.
72. I don't speak to my fathers family.
73. I don't miss them.
74. They never liked let alone loved me.
75. They hate my mother.
76. My father is a different person around his family.
77. I don't like that person.
78. My father was a firefighter for 20yrs.
79. I am very proud of him.
80. I am sad for the way his life has turned out.
81. I am envious of my sister.
82. She has always been surrounded by friends & love.
83. I don't understand why I have not.
84. She is envious of me.
85. Because of my husband.
86. I don't know why my husband hasn't left me.
87. I am a huge fan of Joss Whedon.
88. I am a geek.
89. I believe in the supernatural.
90. I believe in extraterestrials.
91. I don't believe aliens have ever been here, or are likely ever to be here.
92. I believe in Tarot readings as psyhological tools, not as predictors of future events.
93. I don't believe people who think they are psychic.
94. I am a skeptic who wants to believe.
95. I loved x-files (can't you tell)
96. I hate romance novels, soap operas & chick flicks.
97. Except for Meg Ryan movies.
98. I love british comedy.
99. I like true crime shows.
100. I am so glad this is finished. LOL

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Awwwwww!

Very cool and courageous.

Now I want to do a list!

And right off the top of my head, here are ten more things I would add to your list:

101. Kim bakes amazing cookies
102. Kim is a kitty whisperer
103. Kim has beautiful skin
104. Kim's hair was so awesome the last time I saw her
105. Kim introduces me to the coolest shows
106. Kids love Kim because she is not afraid to be silly with them
107. Kim is way more talented than she gives herself credit for
108. And creative
109. And smart
110. Kim is my closest friend

(sniffle)

Kimberly said...

awww.. your the best! (sniffle)

thanks!

Amie said...

Excellent list, Kim! We have a lot in common (and lots of dissimilarities, too, which should make it fun to learn more about you!)

Kimberly said...

Hi Amie, read your profile & we certainly do have a lot in common! I love musical theater but can sing for crap! LOL

Glad to meet you!