Monday, July 30, 2007

Oy!

Kris flew out to NY on Wednesday to do sound at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival for the Circus. He was supposed to fly home last night but his flights were canceled due to weather. They were supposed to get him out today. He just called, his flights were canceled AGAIN! Grr.. the best they can do is get him on stand-by for a 6am flight tomorrow morning, so he extended the rental on his car and is driving home. He should be home by early afternoon tomorrow at the latest. (sigh)

I did finally block the Not-Quite-Straight Scarf and I'm very pleased with the results...

before blocking

after
detail photo

As biased-knit scarves go I prefer the snowy triangle scarf, but this is still quite lovely and certainly very easy to do. I really like knitting on the bias with variegated yarns.

I'm also making good progress on the Wheat-Ear Cable Yoke sweater for Autumn. I've finished the front & back (up to the join)and am about 1/4 way through the sleeves (knitting both at the same time). Gotta get this finished by the 13th for her birthday!

And, the second batch of yarn arrived today for the Hogwarts Sock Swap. I went with the Scarlet that is stated in the books rather than the burgundy that was used in the movies and most used when knitting Gryffindor items.
Avada, what do you think? This is a pretty good representation of the color (on my screen at least; it's definitely scarlet). If it's too bright for you I have no problems sending it back and getting the darker color. :)

Oh! I also got my downstream pal's Sockapalooza package shipped off to Germany on Saturday! Domestic packages are supposed to go out this coming weekend, so I should receive my package sometime next week! Squee!

3 comments:

Avada Vector said...

That yarn is perfect! I love scarlet. Its such a passionate color. the burgandy shade is OK- but I live in MN- whose colors are Maroon and Gold. So, everyone would just think my socks were "Gopher" socks- this way I can explain that they are Gryffindor Socks!!! Oh, BTW, yours are coming along great. I am really happy with the patterning, and after my calculation adjustments, the sizing is perfect! I'm trying to decide how to post a picture without giving too much away. :-)

Anonymous said...

Kim - You're such a great knitter. Love the scarf. Sorry about your lovin' spouseful's canceled flights.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The scarf is really neat. That is a cool pattern and really shows off the lovely yarn. :)