Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Breezey Socks

2nd pair of sockapalooza 4 socks finished! :)

Pattern: Breeze by Jennifer L. Appleby
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy in Rose.
Needles: #1 dpns

Notes: I dropped the needle size down from the recommended #2s to #1s & am very glad I did. It would have been far to open otherwise. No other modifications were made.

Thoughts: Fun pattern, although I'm not very fond of the lace work in this.. it's just uninteresting. LOVE the cabled heel and will have to start incorporating that idea into other patterns!

I liked the yarn & will probably use it again. Its a little splity, but no more so than I expected based on the fiber content. I think it works very well with the pattern.

Overall I'm very happy with the results. I hope my sp likes them as well. Now I just need to pick up a few goodies for her package & get it ready for mailing. I'm going to try and get it out next week, before the Aug. 2nd ship date, since she lives overseas.

1 comment:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

So cute...I'm sure your pal will love them! :)