Monday, May 23, 2005

Secret Pal Questionnaire

This is a long post guys, there are 28 questions & I sometimes get a little verbose.
Sorry! :)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Alas, I must admit that I am. Actually, I’m more of an 80/20 blend. I certainly prefer natural fibers, but sometimes those sexy novelty yarns call out to me. And I only use sock yarns that have at least a small amount of nylon in them, I learned that lesson quickly! I certainly don't turn my nose up to acrylics, but I will not use Red Heart or Lion Brand yarns.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Yes & yes, although I don't crochet very much anymore.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to perfume, but have not found an allergy to pets or fibers.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Approx. 7yrs

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I just started a Knit Picks wish list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
oh, that’s a tough one. I tend to prefer very light crisp scents for candles. Like Honeydew or Cucumber Melon. Nothing too sweet. Light, crisp, cool.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Dark Chocolate calls to me! Have you had the Dark Chocolate Peanut M & M's? mmmmmmmmmmmm

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I love crafts! I had to stop going to Michael’s because I kept picking up new ones that I would never do! LOL So, yeah, crafts. Oh, and I weave too. Did I mention that?

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I have very eclectic taste in music & am open to listening to just about anything. My current favorites are Tom Waits, Aimee Mann & Ben Folds.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am strongly attracted to purples & the “cool” shades (blues & greens). I like reds as well, but tend to avoid yellow & orange. I am not fond of pastels.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with 5 cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Yikes! Well, I would like to be a fiber artist as a profession & not just a hobby & would like to own a yarn shop. That will do. ;)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Um. Wool. Particularly merino & blue-faced leicester.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything scratchy. I'm a very tactile person.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
hmmm.. I guess I would have to say socks & bags. I have been really drawn to bags lately.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love making baby stuff. I have this thing for little things.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I am designing a tank for myself out of black O2 & a tank for my niece out of bamboo in Hot Pink!

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Personally, I against them. I was traumatized by a crocheted red, white, & blue poncho back in '76. I don't like to talk about it. ;)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Depends on the project, I really don’t have a strong preference

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Again, it depends on the project. I am totally in love with Brittany needles though (mmmm, birch)

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep.

22. How did you learn to knit?
I had a friend’s mom teach me. I was already an experienced crocheter & was desperate to learn.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
About 2 mo. & its on its way to the frog pond.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Hmmm, another surprisingly tough one. I love silly, quirky things.. so I tend to be drawn to animation. My favorite animated movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas if that helps.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween & Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn. Knitting books. Silly toys.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Only one I can think of right now is Meg Swanson's A Gathering of Lace

Thanks for hanging in there! This should be fun! :p

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I talked to hubby about Firefly and he doesn't want to go to chicago for one night...and I can't cancel class on Friday because that would irresponsible... so thank you for the offer but i guess we'll be boring in A2.

Kimberly said...

ok. :(

Anonymous said...

Yoo Hoo, Secret Pal!!!
I've found you and I know all about you so get ready for a fun 3 months!!!
Hugs- Your Secret Pal

Kimberly said...

whee! I am so excited! :)

freddyknits said...

I, too, was traumatized by a red, white, and blue granny square poncho. If I can dig up a photo of me in my Dorothy Hamill haircut and bicentennial poncho, I will post to my blog. Um, that is, if you do. I think we have until July 4 for this challenge.

Kimberly said...

LOL. I will have to search through my mothers pictures... I had the dorothy hamill cut too! Scary, huh?