Friday, November 04, 2005

Fiber Feast

This is going to be a picture heavy post. I certainly got my money's worth & more on this deal!

First off there are a few books: The Weaving, Spinning, and Dyeing Book by Rachel Brown; Carding, Spinning, Dyeing by Elisabeth Hoppe; and
The Handspun Project Book. Spinning & Weaving with Wool by Paula Simmons is still on the way. :)

Now.. onto the plethora of fiber! I shall start off tame here (build up the suspence)

Blue-face Leicester in White & Brown

An abundance of Merino is yummy colors
Super soft Fawn Alpaca
BUNNY! Angora in grey & white... mmmmm

White Soy Silk
Ingeo in 2 beautiful blues

Sparklies in Raspberry & Opal

Oh yeah, & this...Cashmere & Merino Blend! (sorry, drooling a bit)

Keely said there is another bag on its way too! Apparently there is a little more fiber & a bunch of Gaywool and Jacquard dyes!

Very overwhelmed. I will let you all absorb this & post pics of the baby tomorrow. Btw- the Lendrum needs a name.. I am thinking of doing a contest with the prize being a skein or two of handspun.. any interest?


4 comments:

me myself and i said...

mmmmmm those colors are lucious!

. said...

FUn!

Anonymous said...

looks like someone has been bitten by the spinning bug! :)

Look for another SP6 present soon... I have been busy looking for unique things for you since I am home from France. :)

_SP6

soapy said...

ohhh looksie all the fiber! heaven!
Looks like someones getting addicted to something! Love the new wheel and flyers too....