Friday, January 25, 2008

Mock Albums

I ran across this the other day and thought it would be fun to try. It is! Mary, I think you will enjoy this...

Here are the rules:

1 - Go to Wikipedia's random article page - The first article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to the Random Quotations page - The last four words of the last quote is the album title.

3 - Go to Flickr's Interesting photo page - Third picture, no matter what it is, is your album cover.

Put it all together to make your album. Either crop it to CD cover size, or just use the raw image itself... the only rule is you're only allowed to add the album title and artist title.

Here is mine:
Now go make your own. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY love this idea, Kim! I'm amazed at how the albums turn out by using these random elements. Most of them seem so appropriate that I'd like to see a list of songs to go with them. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea too!

I tried it but when I went to save the 3rd photo on Flickr, my computer couldn't save it. (I even tried it with a few other pics and same problem).

Stupid computer.

But I love it anyway and your album looks cool!

serpico said...

well i didnt get it!!!sorry my english aint good !!!maby you could help me!!i enjoyed your space,ill be back!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

I love this idea too. It's another type of journal I might try. Hey, question: I'm a new spinner and I live FAAAAR away from any help, but you seem to have experience, so may I ask . . once I have wool wound on the spindle, do I need to set the twist or just roll it into a ball and start knitting? At this point it is only one ply marino (full of thick and thin spots). Thanks. I'll check back.

Kimberly said...

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the wonderful world or spinning, it's very addictive! :)

As for you question. It all depends on what type of effect you want. If you set the twist you will get a normal yarn (like Manos, which is single ply). If not, you will be knitting with what's called "energized singles" and it will cause your knit stitches to slant. It's a neat effect.

You'll have to let me know what you do & how it works for you! :)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks! I was afraid it would all unwinde into roving again. I think I will experiment with a small piece first. Thanks for giving me a little needed confidence!