Thursday, January 03, 2008

Creative Slump

It's probably just post-holiday burn out, but I am feeling decidedly non-crafty. I've got several projects waiting to get started as well as a pattern to write up, but I've no motivation to get going. I actually tried casting on a sock the other night & after messing it up 4 or 5 times I gave up in disgust and haven't want to look at yarn since!

Usually when the knitting blahs hit I get excited about some other craftiness. Most often it's spinning, weaving or sewing, but occasionally drawing... and rarely writing. This time I've got nothing else catching my fancy.

Perhaps I should just use the spa day that honey gave me for x-mas. Maybe if my body is reinvigorated the mind will follow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A break is exactly what you need, Kim. I've had one from writing short stories for the last few weeks and it's been helpful in clearing my head and getting me re-inspired. I find reorganizing something (a closet, a filing cabinet, whatever) also helps. Enjoy your time off.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, take your spa day. I was feeling pretty blah about my knitting lately- spending more time on Ravelry than I was knitting. So, I started another scarf- this one will be for my mom. I am loving it- and a friend on ravelry just turned me on to a couple more "easy" lace patterns to try.

Anita said...

Been there lately myself... I've been reading a few good books for a break. Your spa day sounds wonderful though!!