Saturday, September 10, 2005

SP6 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am a bit of a yarn snob in that I only use higher quality yarns. I am not acrylic phobic, nor do I think its a bad word. However, I do use primarily natural fibers.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
yes & yes

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I am allergic to many perfumes. Also, strong scents tend to give me a headache.

4. How long have you been knitting?
about 7 yrs

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yep, links are on my sidebar

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
coconut lime verbena from Bath and Body Works; cucumber-melon

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I am borderline diabetic so I try to avoid the sweets, but dark chocolate is my favorite.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
anything fiber related. weave, spin, a little sewing, etc.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to a variety of music but predominately to Alternative (Tom Waits, 10,000 Maniacs, Cake, Aimee Mann)

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am fond of cool colors (blues, greens & purples)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, no kids, 5 cats

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I would love to do fiber for a living, have a couple kids & a house.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
merino & alpaca are my favorite fibers. Love the Debbie Bliss line of yarns. Been coveting Manos for a while, but haven't tried it yet. :)

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
any scratchy or poorly made

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
hmmm, not really obsessed right now. I do want to make a fisherman's sweater & a fair isle sweater, but don't think I'm there yet.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now? Sweaters.. but it changes

17. What are you knitting right now?
Torgier by Elsebeth Lavold and a shawl for myself. I have about 5 more projects cast-on, but those are what I am actively working on.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I agin em, but that's just for me personally. I have nothing against anyone else wearing a poncho.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
love em both.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
prefer Bamboo & Birch, but like to use aluminum for certain yarns.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
yep.

22. How did you learn to knit?
a friend's mom taught me

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
about 5 months?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
The Nightmare before Christmas is my favorite animated movie.. love all the characters!

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween & Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn & needles

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
none, but used to subscribe to Spin-Off. Would love an Interweave Knits subscription.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
not right now.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Love "River" in the new Rowan Magazine. Really want to make that one, but don't really like the rest of the patterns.

No comments: