Monday, April 11, 2005

Knit Picks Yarn

I just received my very first order from Knit Picks & I am absolutely thrilled! Great prices & wonderful yarn! I got 10 skeins combined of the their Wool of the Andes in Winter Night, Grass, Stream & Evergreen.. very soft & you can't beat the price!!! I am planning on using them to make felted bags. In addition I got 5 skeins of the Alpaca Cloud in Smoke... OH. MY. GOD! I can't stop fondling it!! (mops up drool) This stuff... oh, go now & order some for yourself! I mean it.. stop reading this & go buy some! I have no idea what I'm making with it, but it is for ME.. You hear that! MINE MINE MINE!!

Is it wrong to be so in love with a yarn?? Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 comments:

Dragon Whispers said...

Kim you enabler you!! I've been eyeing that Aplaca Cloud for some time now and you just gave me the push I needed!! I'm on my way over there as we speak!! My delema is what color to pick!

Not sure if I should thank you or not ;-)

Betty

Kimberly said...

LOL! I am the evil enabler! hee hee hee! ;)

Dragon Whispers said...

Kim, I ordered me some Aplaca Gold "cough" I mean Aplaca Cloud. 5 skiens of Autumn and 8 of Horizon. I think it was Horizon or it may have been Mist lol. No matter I can use either.

TTYL,
Betty

Kimberly said...

LOL! So, what are you going to knit that gold into Betty? ;)

Kim

Dragon Whispers said...

Well the Autumn I'm not too sure yet, most likely a wrap of some sort. The Horizon I got for "Frost Flowers and Leaves" from the "A Gathering of Lace" book. It's really gorgeous and I think that yarn will be very pretty.

How about you?

me myself and i said...

dont you just love knitpicks....I need to go back there and place an order! Thanks Kim for the push!

Kimberly said...

Your welcome Rebecca! ;)

Betty, I am working on designing a lace shawl to knit with it! This is my first complicated math design project, so we'll see how it goes! LOL

Frost flowers & leaves.. wow, what imagery that brings up! I'm going to have to get me a copy of A Gathering of Lace.. I haven't seen it locally, but everyone is talking about it lately! :)

Dragon Whispers said...

Kim that's so great that you are going to design your own shawl. Your very brave! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Oh yes! You have to get yourself "A Gathering of Lace". I just got mine today in the mail. I had checked it out of the library several weeks ago and decided I had to have it and now I do. lol