Friday, June 15, 2007

Sockapalooza Socks Done!

I've just finished the Swirling Lace Anklets! Whee!

Project Notes:

Pattern - Swirling Lace Anklets by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer
Yarn - Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Sage
Needles - Size 1 dpns

Love the pattern! Very well written, chart easy to follow. The pattern stitch is very easy and very quickly memorized.
I think the yarn compliments the pattern perfectly. And I just love knitting with Lorna's Laces! The project ended up using just over 1 skein (I needed the 2nd skein for the toe shaping). I still have plenty left over to do another pair of socks in a smaller size.

I am so very pleased with the way these turned out! I just hope my sp likes them! Since I finished so early, I'm thinking of knitting her a second pair of socks. Maybe Breeze from the new issue of Knitty? I really like cabled heel, but I'm concerned the holes might be too big for my sp's liking... Any thoughts?

9 comments:

amanda j said...

They look terrific. Your pal will love them.

Lorena said...

They turned out beautifully-- way to go!

About Breeze-- that looks like it would be a quick little pattern to knit up.

Mary Warner said...

Cute socks, Kim. You're right, the color is perfect for the pattern.

Bryony Ramsden said...

Those are wonderful! Just perfect yarn for a beautiful pattern :)

Sockapalooza4pal said...

I'm using the lace pattern from breeze for socks with cuffs and I don't find the holes to be large at all. I'm doing them on size 0's and pretty light fingering weight yarn - don't know how it would go with sportweight yarn and size 2's...

Lana said...

I think the Breeze socks are a great idea! Especially since we're mailing in August, a pair of cool, summery socks would be just the thing.

Ruinwen said...

Your socks are really lovely. Your pal will adore them! :)

Jess Poskozim said...

Great socks! I think knitting another pair in Breeze is a great idea. What a lucky sockpal to get two pairs!

Terri said...

Your socks turned out super cute! I've wondered about the Breeze pattern, too. They look summery and sweet.