Tuesday, June 19, 2007

On This Day Meme

I've been tagged again by Vicky and this one is really interesting!

The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.

My birthday is October 18th, and on this day in
1648 - Boston Shoemakers form first U.S. labor organization.
1851 - Herman Melville's Moby-Dick is first published as The Whale by Richard Bentley of London.
1968 - The U.S. Olympic Committee suspends two black athletes for giving a "black power" salute during a victory ceremony at the Mexico City games.

I share my birthday with
1935 - Peter Boyle, American actor (d. 2006)
1961 - Wynton Marsalis, American musician
(I also share it with Pam Dawber & Erin "Joanie Cunningham" Moran, but I've known that for years! lol)

And the 18th is, according to the French Republican Calendar, Piment (Chili Pepper) Day (spicy!)

Mary, Joanne, Ruinwen, Dani, & Denise... you're it!

2 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Chili Pepper Day sounds cool! :)

And where would we be without Captain Ahab?

Anonymous said...

Oh, goody! Another meme! I've long been interested in astrology, so this one is right up my alley. Thanks, Kim.