Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Use for Left-Over Sock Yarn

One of those questions that plague us, what to do with all that left-over sock yarn. Not enough for a third sock, too much to just (gasp) throw out.

Well, here's an idea...


Nope, it's not a premie cap! Maybe this pic will make it clear...


I love the way the bottom looks!!

I adapted the ice cream pint cozy from Knit Wit by Erica Hohmann. I used the leftover koigu from my mom's socks on size 3 needles and cast on 84 sts. Because I used more stitches I decreased a few times more than the pattern called for, but it seems to work. Plus, it only took like 2 hours to knit up! WHEE!!

btw- mom loves the socks!! She said she was hoping I would make her some! awww...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cool idea!! I might have to make one!! Love the way the bottom looks!!