Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Feline/Puppy Conspiracy

Oh.. you may scoff, but I know that my animals are conspiring against me!
See Exhibit A:


Note the missing earpieces and thouroughly chewed sides

Notice the tiny holes in the lens, caused by
sharp little puppy teeth!


Yes, this is the sight that met my eyes a week ago Saturday. Actually, the lenses had been popped out & I later put them back in to see if there was any way of salvaging my glasses.

I know what you're thinking. Tragic, yes, but a conspiracy?

Yes. Please note that on Friday night, my husband was in Chicago at a concert. The animals had no way of knowing when this man, aka "daddy", would be returning. The cats know my habits. Before going to bed, I place my glasses on the dresser in front of the alarm clock so I can see what time it is first thing in the morning. You see, I am blind! Not legally, but close. Without my glasses, anything more than 10 inches from my face is a complete blur! The cats, they know this. They seized upon the opportunity presented by daddy's absensce and knocked my glasses onto the floor once they were sure I was asleep. This is easy, they just need to wait for the snoring to commence.

All they needed to do now was get the puppy to chew them up. Easily achieved. All they needed to do, really, was put them in front of her. She is teething & will chew anything.

Once this was accomplished, they thought they had won! Mom would be rendered incapacitated! Unable to leave the house, but still able to work the can opener! Brilliant!

Luckily, their plot was foiled by the expedient return of daddy. He was home by 6am on Saturday. This allowed him to drive me to the optomitrist so I could get an eye exam & new glasses the same day. Because of the need for new glasses we were actually gone longer than I had planned on being away. Their plot back-fired!

Damn animals.

But, at least they're cute...

Arlo "Brains" Truzzi

Corrina "the mouth" Truzzi
Tour de Fleece status: Filled my spindle & wound it off onto one of my Lendrum's bobbins. I think I may have managed a full ounce. Granted, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the singles... but that's for another day. :)

No comments: