Friday, November 27, 2009


As stated in my previous post, I fell in love with the giant braided cable! While knitting away I thought it would make a lovely cowl. So, I put down the x-mas present, picked up my size 10s and began knitting away on a cowl in bulky plum alpaca!

I cast-on 31 sts and knit 4 rows in seed stitch. I knit 5 stitches of seed stitch on the edges and used just shy of 1 skein (110yds) of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande colorway 2213. I added a couple bamboo toggle buttons as fasteners. The cowl measures 19"x5".

I added this to my Etsy shop late last night & already had 10 views by this morning (which is huge compared to my other offerings). I think the hooded scarf is going to take a back seat this weekend while I try to whip up similar items and see if I can't generate some sales!


Sharonkay said...

What happened to the Yarn of the month club postings after the two in 2007?

Did you like it? Did you quit the club?

Kimberly said...

I did it for a few months, it was nice but I really wasn't interested in most of the yarns they were sending and didn't like the patterns I received.