Friday, November 27, 2009

Distraction

As stated in my previous post, I fell in love with the giant braided cable! While knitting away I thought it would make a lovely cowl. So, I put down the x-mas present, picked up my size 10s and began knitting away on a cowl in bulky plum alpaca!





I cast-on 31 sts and knit 4 rows in seed stitch. I knit 5 stitches of seed stitch on the edges and used just shy of 1 skein (110yds) of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande colorway 2213. I added a couple bamboo toggle buttons as fasteners. The cowl measures 19"x5".

I added this to my Etsy shop late last night & already had 10 views by this morning (which is huge compared to my other offerings). I think the hooded scarf is going to take a back seat this weekend while I try to whip up similar items and see if I can't generate some sales!

2 comments:

Sharonkay said...

What happened to the Yarn of the month club postings after the two in 2007?

Did you like it? Did you quit the club?

Kimberly said...

I did it for a few months, it was nice but I really wasn't interested in most of the yarns they were sending and didn't like the patterns I received.