Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Clapotis Scarf

OMG! A F.O.! :)

Behold the Clapotis Scarf...


detail


Project Notes:
Yarn: J. Knits Softee Alpaca in New Jersey (which I received in the Discworld swap)
Needles: US 4 (3.5 mm)

Modifications: Because I was going for a scarf and the pattern is actually for a shawl I had to make a modification, I increased to 47 stitches instead of 107. I also sized down the needle to a US 4 instead of a US 8, so as to work better with the yarn.

I love the result. It's a beautiful, light & airy scarf that is perfect for warmer weather, which is what I was going for. The yarn is a bit scratchy on the neck, but I'm hoping that will disappear with the addition of a little fabric softener.

The pattern is fairly quick & easy to knit up as well. And I got great satisfaction in purposely dropping stitches!

Overall, I'm very happy. I'm a little upset it took me so long to finish, but as long as I'm typing for a living my hands/wrists are going to continue bothering me and that means no knitting during the week. :(

8 comments:

Renna said...

It's beautiful, and I love that color!

sheep#100 said...

Very nice - a mini Clap!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. :)

Christy said...

It's a wonderful sight to behold. How perfectly lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

So beautiful and I love the color! :)

Anonymous said...

You should be happy with it. It's beautiful. :-)

forgetfulstitcher9 said...

This is really beautiful. I was looking for a nice "Clap" with some modifications, and your fit the bill. Thanks!!!