Monday, May 14, 2007

Yet More Talk About Socks

Lately it seems like this block is all socks all the time! :)

I want to thank everyone who helped me pick the yarn for my sockapalooza pal's socks! The overwhelming winner is Sage, with 55% of the vote! I will be ordering the yarn this weekend (yippie for payday!)

In the meantime, I did a bit more Kool-Aid dyeing this weekend using 3 skeins of Knit Pick Bare fingering weight yarn. I did another skein of the blue/green stripes, but with the stripes appearing in a different order.
A skein with Strawberry, Strawberry Lemonade, & Lemonade Kool-Aid, which is self-striping as well.
And a skein of green. If you look closely you will notice subtle variations in the color. I achieved this by placing the skein in a blue-yellow mixture for 5 minutes, then removing the yarn and mixing in lime green. I'm really pleased with it. It's very subtle, but gives more depth to the knit than you would with a solid color! Very happy.
I had to start knitting it right away.
This is the Embossed Leaves Socks by Mona Schmidt from the Winter 2005 issue of Interweave Knits. The lace pattern is very easy and it is knitting up very quickly! These will mostly likely go to my mum for her birthday in July!

4 comments:

Seanna Lea said...

I love your dye jobs. I use the Wilton icing dyes for mine.

When I called my mother yesterday for Mother's Day, I asked her if she'd like knit socks. I have another sock person to knit for, yeah!

Unknown said...

Beautiful dying. I love the first two.

Anonymous said...

I really like that green yarn AND the sock you are starting. It looks so complicated and pretty!

Courtney said...

Love the dyes! Esp. the green one...really nice job. I have to start dying with kool aid!