Sunday, January 08, 2006

Gryffindor Scarf

Now that the holidays are over I can finally post about the gifty for my sis!
From the title you should have guessed it, twas a Gryffindor Scarf.

I got the idea after seeing Denise knitting hers. I used the Prizoner of Azkaban pattern and knit it using Plymouth Encore yarn, which is 75% acrylic & 25% wool. It is very soft and the colors are quite brilliant.

I used size 7 needles, so I only cast on 60sts and did 12 repeats, instead of 14.

As an added touch, I got a wonderful Gryffindor Crest patch from Patch Palace (also recommended by Denise). I was initially thinking of intarsia knitting the crest, but I eventually came to my senses.

Below are my sister's reaction and the finished product. I am very happy with the finished project, and even happier to know my sister loves it & is the envy of her friends! XD








And, just because I can, Kitty PIC!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehe. Yes my Potter friend Erica is quite jealous. I just love, love, love my scarf! You is the best sis~~

Dawn

Joanne said...

The scarf looks awesome!! And Dawn looks very happy. Yay!

. said...

love the scarf! cute kitty!

Denise said...

Great job, great reaction! I'll have to quiz you on how you attached the patch. Karen D (who found them online originally) has an extra one for me.

That is one pleased-looking puss, too, BTW.

[Another]ModernKid said...

Hey!

Wonderful job. ( :
I've been looking for this pattern!

The website, knit atypically, has been down for some time now.

Do you by any chance still have the pattern for this?

I would really appreciate it!

Awesome scarf!

Kimberly said...

it looks like it's available on archive... http://web.archive.org/web/20080601221859/knit.atypically.net/scarves/azkaban/pattern.shtml

if the link doesn't work I suggest searching for "Prisoner Of Azkaban Scarf" on the pattern page on Ravelry.

Happy Knitting!