Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Still Here

Hi y'all!

Well, I have survived the move... barely. The last 2 weeks have been insanely crazy (redundant much?).

We closed on the house & 15 minutes later I get a call that my paternal grandmother had a heartattack, was in a coma & not expected to survive. We quickly unloaded our first truck load of crap at the house & went up to the hospital. Dad was hanging in there, but not doing good.

That weekend while grandma appeared to be getting better (out of coma, coherent, bitchy self) my dad helped us raise the upper cabinets in the kitchen, Kris took the nasty mirrors off the wall (about 50yrs bad luck!), & we painted.. there was also moveage of cats.

Cats adapted to the move very well. We had them segregated to just 2 rooms for the first day as we were still painting & such. During the night they staged a jail break though. They were so excited to show us everything they found during the night.. cats! Too cute to kill! ;)

Anywho... movers came last monday & brought all our furniture over. Only one casuality: my computer desk. But they gave us $70 to replace it & it only cost $60 1yr ago.. whee.. I think I'm gonna hold out on getting a new one until IKEA opens June 7th!! (mmm, swedish furniturey goodness...)

Tuesday: got a call from my dad that grandma died Monday night (sigh)

Wednesday spent at work & the funeral home. Thursday was the funeral.

Thursday night my geekster Autumn spent the night at our new house! Whee!
She brought her knitting stuff I got her for xmas & knit about 6 inches of garter stitch! So proud! I would have taken a pic, but my camera wasn't charged (bad, bad Kimmy!).

Friday afternoon my sis came to pick up her daughter. I was giving her a tour of the house when I noticed a lake that was previously my basement. Water heater broke. $950! Nice way to ease us into that home ownership thang.

The weekend was pretty uneventful. We moved most of the rest of our stuff & did some cleaning at the rental property.

Oh, and my mom FINALLY came home from the hospital on Saturday! XD

Things seem to be calming down. Hopefully my house will be vistor ready this weekend & I will be able to get back to my knitting!!

And have computer access at home...


Acornbud said...

Wow, a rocky time. I'm sorry for your loss. At the same time glad that your mom is home. I hope you can get back to your knitting soon:)
That niece sure does look like Dakota Fanning!

Denise said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma.

My intro to home ownership was a backed-up drain in the basement...that was the FIRST time I had to call Roto-Rooter...

Take it easy, won't see you this Tuesday, E's out of town for a conference :( so I'm on lone kiddoodle duty. Hugs!!