Sunday, May 25, 2008

Trek's Socks

I've finished Trek's socks!


Overall I'm very pleased. They are drying now and should be on their way to her on Tuesday. :)

I've cast-on another pair of socks (surprise) for another swap I joined. It's a Discworld themed swap called "Music With Socks In" that's being held through Ravelry. The idea is that you make your partner a pair of socks (or send them the necessary items to make their own) and include a cd or 2 in the package. Since there is a possibility that my partner might read my blog (it's not a secret swap) I won't be posting any project details until I've shipped. I'm very excited about this swap. I wasn't able to go with my first idea for the socks, but I think she will love what I'm doing. And the music aspect is great, I'm having a lot of fun going through my collection for ideas!

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot to tell you a bit of exciting news! There's a yahoo group that is dedicated to translating knitting patterns into foreign languages and they've requested permission to translate my MJs pattern! I'm so geeked!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great! I love the color.

And that is so awesome about your MJs pattern being translated. Woo!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the socks, Kim. I'm drooling over my keyboard here. Congrats on the knitting pattern translation, too. Mighty cool.

sheep#100 said...

THANK YOU!!!!!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I love the color of those socks. Good job.
That is so cool getting your pattern translated.